Community In Mission
We celebrate our oneness and deep interconnectedness. We seek to live out our faith in service from our homes to our neighborhoods; from our local church to our global family. Community offers an abundance of opportunities to share talents to serve others, no matter the age or stage of life.
Make a difference with us
Waltham Soup Kitchen:
- Enjoy fellowship with food? Once a month we gather in the Community kitchen to prepare a meal, deliver and serve the Bristol Lodge Soup Kitchen in Waltham.
- Our High School youth have entered mission relationships in many places in this country. In recent years, youth have worked alongside the Navajo people in Arizona, in different projects on the South side of Chicago, with organizations in rural Maine, and, most recently, in Philadelphia (pictured above).
- We support the mission work of UMC Missionary Dr. Belinda Forbes, who is a dentist in Nicaragua.
- We partner with the Family Promise Network to provide temporary shelter, food and fellowship to families in need.
- Each year Community youth and adults participate in the Walk for Hunger to raise hunger awareness and resources.
- Heifer International's mission is to work with communities to end world hunger and poverty and to care for the earth. Community participates in educational, volunteer and fundraising opportunities with Heifer International in partnership toward that goal.
- Our church provides gifts for children in need during the holiday season.
- We provide health kits, donations and financial support through the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
- Re-run Shoes Collection of used shoes by a member of our youth creates micro businesses in Africa while bringing footwear to those in need. Cleaning out your closet is a great way to serve!